Recent Posts

I [heart] West Elm

If you'll recall this post from many moons past I'm not happy with the blue wall color in my master bedroom, and I've been scheming a new color ever since. Today I eagerly devoured the West Elm catalog that showed up in my mailbox, and when I flipped the page with this photo I knew that this store may have my answer.


I already own the white duvet pictured here, so I think I'm headed in the right direction. :) The walls covered in grasscloth are a stunning natural texture that compliments the pillowy duvet and throw.
*Drool*
I'm doubtful that I can afford to paper my walls in grasscloth, but the light, wheaty color is more attainable.

To my delight, I discovered the West Elm website has a sample of yummy Benjamin Moore paint colors used in their room stages.  Oh, lucky day! These are my favorites:

I'm pretty sure any of the first 3 will do well in my master bedroom, but I think the first one is my favorite -- I have a thing for more saturated hues, and even though color #1 isn't very deep I think it's enough color, and neutrality all in one, to keep me happy for the long haul.

The fourth color in the line up is cheery and yet serene -- probably too yellow for my massive bedroom, but my guest bathroom will need a new color if I can't figure out how to make the current tuscany orange to work well in the small space. It's one of the many unresolved issues in my house. Go figure (sarcasm intended). The one thing I do know is that I'd like to make that bathroom a sophisticated beach sunrise/sunset theme, complete with black and white photos and beadboard. Over the years I've collected numerous seashells, and ultimately I need a place to use them...ta-da...guest bathroom. Bonus for this idea is that if one day I get to have kids while living here I'll have a room to display all the beach souvenirs their little hands bring home. Score!

Do you have a favorite wall color?

1 comments:

Aleesha Nash said...

I would love to have a yellow wall color - I love the way yello is so bright and seems to work with lots of things. However some times I have a craving for a tan colored wall with bright white trimmings! YUM! I [heart] west elm too... now to just afford it! That headboard is a great project!

Post a Comment