Recent Posts

Just Random Thoughts

I already possess a West Elm duvet cover but if I didn't this would on my list of 'must-haves.'

I'm not sure why but I'm a nut for simple, repeated patterns and since I'm dreaming of reinventing my bedroom in shades of brown even the color of this duvet would be perfect.

Inspiration alert: with my current duvet a classic white, this pattern compels me to want to paint something reminiscent of it on the wall behind my bed for drama, and as headboard of sorts. Other inspirational pieces that fit into this idea are here (pattern painted one shade darker or lighter than the overall wall color for subtly) and here (pattern framed behind the cabinet) and this:


I love that you can just barely see the pattern on the wall, but the white framing creates a stunning focal point for this bed. 

The only other concern I really have for my bedroom -- besides choosing colors and accessorizing, is the annoying fact that my room is HUGE, but the builders decided to only put one tiny window in the space.  The natural lighting in the room is pathetic. And even though I'm attracted to deeper, more saturated tones I'm afraid the only way to keep my bedroom from becoming a dank cave is through lighter hues on the walls. If I'm wrong please tell me. And if anyone has any other suggestions on how to add more light without knocking out a cinder block wall please share!! I'm still learning so many things...


0 comments:

Post a Comment