Recent Posts

My Fabulous Finds


For all two of my followers out there, here is the evidence of my first DIY thrifting project! At least the first one I'm blogging about... (Please excuse my amateur photos - taking beautiful pictures is on my long list of life goals)

You'll remember from this post, I decided to hit the thrift stores to find unique plates and candle holders to make one-of-a-kind cake stands, or cloches as some people call them. To my delight I found the pieces I need to make my first two stands, and they were a steal of the deal.


The first cake stand will consist of this red candle holder I stumbled upon at Goodwill for $0.99, and large blue-rimmed dinner plate, also for $0.99. I plan on spray painting the candle holder some sort of off-white to match the plate (...I think -- there's something stunning about the red, so I may change my mind before it's all said and done.) 


My favorite part of the whole ensemble is the finger-hold on the candle holder -- it's the unique twist that will make this cake stand different from any other.

My second cake stand will be sweet and flirty in shades of white.

The glass cover was $1.99, the candle holder $0.99, and the plate a whopping $0.69! I love the delicate waves in the plate, and the way the ridges in the candle holder match them, but not :) I can't wait to get the whole thing assembled. 


All I need now is apoxy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment